We had a fun chat with Mekdim Mamo!
Mekdim is a Software Support Manager in our Ethiopia office. She is inspired by her colleagues, is willing to eat Injera [fermented flatbread] every day for the rest of her life, and is a fan of Harvey Specter’s one-liners. 😎
Read on to learn more about her.
- If you could switch jobs with anyone else within Paga, whose job would you want?
- I admire my direct manager and CTO, Eric Chijioke. I would like to get a glimpse of what it is like to be in his shoes at work for a day.
- What are three words that describe Paga?
- The three words that describe Paga for me the most are – Empathetic, Progressive, and Motivating.
- What have you gained from working at Paga?
- Inspiration! I work with colleagues I admire and am in awe of. I am inspired every day on how I can grow into a better person, manager, and engineer.
- Do you have any favourite line[s] from a movie? I have quite a few, and I like these the best; they’re from Harvey Specter in Suits. His one-liners are something else. 😁
- “Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself.”
- “When you are backed against the wall, break the goddamn thing down.”
- How do you define success?
- Success for me is consistent growth that aligns with God’s plan for my life.
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Injera [fermented flatbread].
We’re thrilled to have had this time with Mekdim; we hope you enjoyed this chat as much as we did. We’ll see you next time on another installment of Paga Conversations.