Big Brother Naija is back and it’s sponsored by Abeg App. If you are a big fan of the popular reality show, you may want to keep up with all the action on big brother on your mobile devices. It is a process, but Paga is here to help. Want the details on how you can watch Big Brother Naija live on your mobile phone? This article will show you how. Step by step guide and everything!
Big Brother Naija, Africa’s biggest reality TV show, is back for a sixth season. Sponsored by Abeg and Patricia, the new season, tagged “Shine Your Eye’, premiered on Saturday, July 24, 2021, and less than two weeks in, there’s already been a lot of buzz, with the viewing public already pitching their tents with their favourite housemates. There are those drawn to White Money’s vibe, others feel that Angel is the one bringing all the entertainment, and Maria has also earned herself a huge following.
Big Brother Naija: Shine Your Eye is currently airing on DStv Channel 198 and GOtv Channel 29. The action is nonstop, and the best part is that you don’t necessarily have to be in your apartment for you to watch the show; you can catch up on all the drama when you download the DStv App on your mobile phone. Setting it up is easy, and with the help of payment solutions like Paga, subscription is a whole lot easier.
To set up your DStv app on your mobile phone so you can start enjoying all the excitement from Big Brother Naija, follow these steps:
- Be sure that you have installed Paga, My DStv, and DStv NOW. Also take note of your DStv card number.
- Sign into your Paga wallet to subscribe to a package if you have no active subscription
- Select DStv; select your preferred bouquet, input your smartcard number, phone number, email address and amount stipulated for the selected bouquet.
- Choose your payment method: Quickteller or payment by bank transfer.
- For the bouquets, DStv Padi goes for N1,850, DStv Yanga costs N2,565; DStv confam runs at the rate of N4,615, DStv Compact costs N7,900; DStv Compact Plus costs N12,400, and DStv Premium goes for N18,400.
However, if you have an active subscription, skip this step.
- Note that although there are 11 digits on the back of your card, your DStv card number is made up of the first 10 digits.
- After subscribing, launch My DStv app. To do this, sign in (if you’ve previously registered), or sign up with your 10-digit DStv card number. You should see a credit balance figure. If you don’t see the figure, please refresh the page.
- Once you see the credit figure, scroll down to an option that says “watch DStv Now.” click it and you will be redirected to DSTV Now app
- You will be asked to sign up again. This time, you will be asked to input your phone details, and an OTP will be sent to your phone number.
- After signing up, you will be asked to link your DStv card. Input the ten digits that make up your DStv card number.
Once that is done, you will be able to start watching Big Brother Naija and your other favourite shows from the convenience of your mobile phone.
Fastest Way To Renew Your DSTV Subscription Every Month
These days, payment for DStv subscriptions and other services can be easily done using e-wallets like Paga, GetBarter, Chipper Cash and Wallets Africa. When it comes to facilitating transactions, Paga stands out as a reliable payment platform for a number of reasons. With Paga, you can send money instantly to anyone with a phone number, email address or bank account. You can also request money instantly from anyone with a phone number or email address, and you can get remittances, pay bills, and top up mobile data with ease.
When you download the Paga mobile app, you are free to create shortcuts on your mobile for the following transactions: Send Money, Request Money, Bill Pay, Buy Airtime, and Buy Data. With easy access to your most frequent transactions, you can sort out your payments in one click.
With respect to paying bills, Paga allows you to set up recurring payments. This means that you can set up your account in a manner that it will be debited a specific amount at a specified time of the month for a particular service. It’s like a bank’s standing instructions, but for e-wallets. For instance, you can have your account debited for the sum of N10,000 on the 26th day of each month for electricity bills. To do this:
- Log into your Paga account
- Select “recurring payments” from the list of services
- Create a new recurring payment
- Select the service you want to create a recurring payment for
- Fill out the details of the recipient/beneficiary
- Set up the schedule and fill all required fields
- Review the details and confirm the transaction.
When it comes to quick money transfers in Nigeria, online or offline, Paga is pretty much your best bet. You don’t necessarily have to log on to the app to make transfers, and you can complete transactions even if you don’t have mobile data, by dialing *242# to make payments via USSD. This service is available to all registered Paga users, and functions on all networks. To activate this service, simply dial *242# on your phone and follow the instructions.
Ultimately, you can enjoy your favourite DStv shows from wherever you are. With reliable e-wallets that enable you to pay bills and top up at any time, you no longer have to worry about keeping up with Big Brother Naija and all the other juicy content that DStv has to offer.