5 Ways Paga Can Help You Avoid Banking Halls
It is now common knowledge that crowded areas are the last place you want to be during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and all safety guidelines globally have warned against it and including that of the Lagos State Government. Unfortunately, pictures and videos circulating the internet recently showed a multitude of people shoving themselves unsafely to make it into halls of the banks.
At Paga, we found this situation to be grossly unnecessary and collectively unsafe for our communities so we decided to share a few ways we can help you to avoid banking halls in these times:
1-Free Digital Mobile Wallet
With the world adopting technology now more than ever, anyone, anywhere can easily signup for a Paga account for free. Literally, in less than 10 minutes, you are fully set up and good to go. You won’t have to worry about those lengthy paper forms, waiting for a couple of business days or have a minimum account opening balance/fee, or stamp duty charges, or anything along those lines.
3-Wide range Transactions
Paga has a wide range of transactions to meet your daily needs and here are some of them:
- Free money transfers to any phone number or any email address.
- Money transfer to any Nigerian bank account (Free transfers from N5,000 below — new COVID support).
- Airtime and data purchases for all networks in Nigeria.
- Cable TV payments — DSTV, GOTV, StarTimes, etc.
- Electricity bill payments — Ikeja Electric, EKEDC, AEDC, PHED, JED, d.light Solar, etc.
- Internet payments — Smile, Spectranet & Swift.
- International Remittance — You can receive money from over 150 countries across the world into your Paga wallet for free.
- In-store Payments — There are over 1300 stores accepting Paga for payments. Zero charges and always works.
- Other Utilities and Government levies.
4–24/7 Customer Support
We are always available to help you — we have a team of well trained and empathetic support representatives to help you resolve any issue and you are just a message away from speaking with a member of the team. No long queues or waiting to hear “next” and all that.
Where necessary in these times, we have Paga agent outlets widespread across all 36 states in Nigeria covering both urban and remote areas. You could visit the nearest Paga agent to you — these are typically mom and pop shops that provide communities with simple access to financial services available on Paga.
We have begun plans to support our agents with some PPE while sensitizing them on best practices to safely serve their customers.
We remain fully committed to our brand essence of making life possible while fulfilling our purpose of making it simple for one billion people to access and use money!
Stay orange, stay safe 🧡
Paga is a mobile money company licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria, PCI DSS Level-1 Certified, and all money deposited into Paga accounts are insured by the Nigerian Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC).