Daily, there are tonnes of things competing for our attention as individuals — from phones, meetings/conversations with co-workers, computer screens, to our thoughts and even family. We often try to adapt our capacity to attend to these things (distractions) and it becomes more and more daunting to focus.
To be honest, channeling your focus is a personal responsibility and it is very pertinent to achieving optimal productivity — one thing to help is the Pomodoro Technique.
What is it?
The Pomodoro Technique was invented by Francesco Cirillo in early 1990. The technique was named after a tomato-shaped timer Girillo used to study as a university student. He used the timer in carrying out big assignments by breaking them down into smaller timed tasks and taking regular breaks to fuel motivation and replenish your creativity while at it.
How to apply Pomodoro
It is pretty simple and we will run you through quick steps on how the technique works.
- Select a task you want to accomplish
- Set your timer to 25 minutes (A Pomodoro)
- Begin and focus all your attention on this single task till your timer goes off
- Take a break (usually 5–10 minutes)
- Resume another 25 minutes timer on the same task
- Take a break. Repeat this cycle.
Do this over the course of your day consistently, and you will be amazed at how much you can get accomplished. By the way, there are a lot of apps to help automate the process.
A few things to note:
- 25 minutes is the default. However, you could decide on 15 or 30 minutes sessions. Whatever works for you.
- After multiple Pomodoro rounds, feel free to increase your break duration.
- It is advisable to limit typical distractions during your break, e.g your phone. Rather take a walk, meditate, refill your water bottle — hydrate, grab a cup of coffee, etc.
- In a case where a distraction may be an emergency, feel free to end the Pomodoro session right away and resume a new cycle later on.
Being productive gives you a sense of purpose and helps your mind to stay active. And the Pomodoro technique is a tested and trusted technique to boost your capacity to stay on top of your game while achieving awesome feats!
Let’s know how you fare onwards. ✌️🧡
Making Life Possible is our ethos at Paga, and it is what keeps us committed to our mission of making it easy for 1 billion people to use and access their money. We are inspired by the stories of the community we are building and the people we are empowering by driving financial inclusion and providing simple financial access in the markets we serve.
No CommentsLeave a comment Cancel